Friday, September 01, 2023

#AI ChatGPT – OpenAI. When engaging with you do I run the risk of entering into an intellectual incestuous relation?

I asked OpenAI:

"Do you take into account our previous conversations when you answer any new questions I pose? If so, do I run the risk of being engaged in a kind of intellectual incestuous relation with you? As much as I loathe group-think, false self-think could be worse."

OpenAI answered: 

"I don't have access to previous conversations or information about individual users unless it has been provided to me in the course of our ongoing conversation. Each interaction with me is stateless, meaning I don't have memory of past interactions with you. This design is intentional to prioritize user privacy and data security.

While I can provide information and engage in conversations based on the context provided within the current conversation, I don't have the capability to develop ongoing relationships or engage in intellectual incestuous relationships. My responses are generated based on patterns and information present in the current input and my pre-trained knowledge, and I don't have the ability to form opinions, engage in group-think, or carry out any form of self-thinking.

If you have specific questions or concerns about the information provided, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to provide accurate and helpful responses. However, it's always a good practice to verify information from multiple sources and engage in critical thinking to avoid false beliefs or misinformation."

What a relief. Thanks!

"You're welcome! If you have any more questions or need assistance with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help!"

Note: The answers are copied exactly from those given to me by OpenAI


Comment: Group-think and intellectual incest has for a long time been of concern to me. Here’s an example: The World or Mother Earth lacks representation