Tuesday, February 27, 2024

#AI #OpenAI #ChatGPT: If I invite some friends to a dialogue with you could that be handled?

I asked ChatGPT

If I want to invite some of my friends to a dialogue with you about an issue of our interest, could that be handled and would you be able to keep our comments apart, so as e.g., record who opines what?

ChatGPT answered

"I can certainly engage in a dialogue with multiple participants, but please note that I don't have the ability to store personal data or remember past interactions. Each conversation with me is stateless, meaning I don't retain information about users or previous discussions.

If you and your friends engage in a conversation with me, I won't be able to track who said what in the current session. Additionally, it's important to avoid sharing sensitive or personally identifiable information during the conversation, as I don't have the capability to ensure privacy or confidentiality.

Feel free to ask questions or discuss topics, and I'll do my best to provide information and assistance within the scope of my training!"

I asked ChatGPT

Could you foresee a moment when you will be able to retain information about your users’ previous discussions?

ChatGPT answered

"As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, the architecture of GPT-3.5 and its predecessors, including the model powering me, is designed to be stateless. This means that I don't have the ability to retain information about users' previous interactions, and each conversation is independent of the others.

Whether future versions of language models like me will have the capability to retain information or remember past discussions is uncertain and depends on the design choices made by researchers and developers. It's possible that future iterations could have enhanced capabilities, but the ethical and privacy considerations around storing user data would need to be carefully addressed.

It's always a good idea to stay informed about the latest developments in AI technologies to understand any changes or advancements in their capabilities."

Thanks!

You're welcome! If you have any more questions or if there's anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask. Happy chatting!

Note: The answers are copied exactly from those given to me by OpenAI - ChatGPT.